"We are closer to G-d when we are asking the questions, than when we think we have the answers" Heschel

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pesach Questions

FNQ 5 q's for the week

Pesach is FNQ's favorite holiday and the seder is without a doubt our favorite night. The seder experience is all about using questions to pique the interest and curiosity of the participants. For this week's installment I would like to pose 5 questions on various as aspects of Pesach and the seder. It is my plan (if I am blessed with the time) to try and answer all of the these questions in the upcoming week. Check back throughout the week for my answers.  As always, I look forward to hearing yours as well.

  1. The upcoming shabbos is entitled Shabbat Hagadol. What's so big/great about it?

  2. We have many strange customs at the seder whose goal is so that the children (and adults) will ask. Why is it that there seems to be no answers to their questions?

  3. It says in the hagadah “had G-d not taken us out then, we would still be slaves in Egypt”. Since the litereal meaning of the statement is kind of hard to relate to (I cant imagine we wouldn't have revolted at some point) what is the idea behind this puzzling declaration?

  4. If I don't like wine can I use grape juice for the 4 cups?

  5. Why is it that our night of freedom is full of rules that seem to be more restrictive than freeing?
What do you think?

Binyamin – always looking for a good question

No comments:

Post a Comment